Monday, September 29, 2008
Democracy Assignment
Nice to see the sketches folks, here's Paul's advice on the subject...
Sketches should be clear, understandable, in concept and composition.
Sketches should be delivered on time, or early.
Sketches should be low res jpg. or pdf. files unless otherwise noted.
Words cannot explain what you mean, this is a visual language, the sketch needs to be clear enough to do the explaining.
Words should express a greeting, and briefly explain the reason for the email, and express enthusiasm about getting started.
Thanks for sending, best of luck with the Illustration for the show, remember it must be submitted via email by October 5! Good photography is essential.
Please check out Zina Saunders work on Drawger, a great site to see a bunch of famous illustrators work and read about the jobs they are working on right now. Zina has some very topical work about the election you should see. I notice with interest that they are all photoshop paintings.
Please post a comment about anything related to this class or illustration, and suggest an illustrator we should see and where, and a link you would like me to add to this blog.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
15 comments:
Hi Paul.
There are two illustrators (they are actually partners) that are always inspiring to me:
Sam Weber and
Jillian Tamaki
(This is in response to your asking for suggestions for artists we should look at.)
Thanks Lenny,
Very cool illustrations, all students in the class should go and check these two folks out. Have you sent them an email yet?
I love Sam's emotive portraits!
Hi Everyone,
The annual Norman Rockwell Museum trip will be happening Friday, October 17th. We'll be leaving around 7:30 from the Public Safety side of the building.
"Raw Nerve! The Political Art of Steve Brodner" is at the museum and it's fabulous. Check out Steve's work at : http://www.stevebrodner.com/
I'm also going to try to arrange a behind the scenes tour of the museum. In addition, we'll be visiting the Sterling and Francine Clark Institute in Williamstown. There are some great exhibitions on- Whistler, Homer and Sargent.
The sign up sheet will be on on my office door. The trip is free. You may want to bring snacks and/or lunch. We should be back in Boston by 7:00pm the latest.
Irena
hey guys! just wanted to say hi. I just recently made a blogger account too. It's nothing special but if you want to check it out its
www.JillCaturano.blogspot.com
:-)
Thanks Jill, I would argue that it IS something special, and now that you have it up you can keep tweaking it until you feel that it is special as well. I think if you include the entire url it will be an active link here.... let me try: http://jillcaturano.blogspot.com/
Now...about that favorite illustrator you would like us to look at....
Hello Everyone,
I think I should link Alex Maleev's work (www.maleev.com) His art is really inspiring, also David Mack is a really interesting collage artist (davidmack.com) I've also started a blogger page for my online comic (match-the-comic.blogspot.com) It's launching this friday. Thanks!
Brandon
Brandon I checked out David Mack's site and I really like the backgrounds he uses. I am really into a lot of collage/assemblage artists right now and I like the stuff that Alica Buelow does so she is my artist I think everyone should look at.
:-)
In case anyone needs help with the active link issue Paul brought up in class, here's a tutorial Introduction to HTML in which there is a section on HTML Links.
Also, I forgot to shamelessly plug my blog:
leonarddente.blogspot.com
Thanks for the help Lenny,
Please. Shamelessly plug away, this is the place.
Lets see if I got this right....
Please check out my new online store at:
Clam Alley Pottery
Hi everyone,
So here are a couple artists that I've been looking at lately. Nick Dewar and Alberto Cerriteno have some fun stuff to look at.
Also the Farm Barn is run by two guys out of Columbus, OH. I found their website this past monday and really enjoyed their posters.
Nick Dewar
Alberto Cerriteno
Alex Dukal
Farm Barn
Hi everyone,
So here are a couple artists that I've been looking at lately. Nick Dewar and Alberto Cerriteno have some fun stuff to look at.
Also the Farm Barn is run by two guys out of Columbus, OH. I found their website this past monday and really enjoyed their posters.
Nick Dewar
Alberto Cerriteno
Alex Dukal
Farm Barn
So my comment got posted twice...i have no clue how to work this blog thing.
conceptart
hi its stephen two artist that i suggest looking at are Kadir nelson and Connor Harrington
Hey here is an artist who runs a monthly short web comic, which i really enjoy. I particularly admire his use of color. Kazu Kibuishi his site is www.boltcity.com
-Peter
Post a Comment