hello everyone,
I took the suggestions from the silent crit and referenced a bloodhound for wrinkles in the man's face. I'm actually alot happier with this approach, it leaves less work of trying to make different wrinkles look real. I did some simple monochromatic color studies as well, just ideas to go along with the sketch. thanks!
Brandon
6 comments:
Hi Brandon, thanks for posting.
I like where this is going, and I prefer the green guy. I think his skin could be even a bit more droopy.
I imagine this image on the bottom right of the page, with the character looking in toward the center of the book, and wonder what he is looking at. I would think about adding a hand perhaps, maybe he is holding something, or making a hand gesture with saggy fingers. This could be a part of this shape, or a second self contained shape on the page.
Please post an update when you get a chance,
Paul
I think you've begun to capture the endearing qualities of a bloodhound here, these are really fun. I might push for more of the sad and pathetic quality of a bloodhound's sour puss too, like why is he so happy if his face is drooping off? Maybe subtract a little optimism, make us think he's trying to smile but its hard to see amidst the sag. I'm leaning towards the green because it's weird, but you might try out other colors for different moods they might lend. The lighting in this piece could really accentuate the sagging folds (the topographical hills and canyons) of his face. I'd say more shadows, more highlights in consideration of this. Good luck Brandon!
This is much better I think you have a great concept.
Hey Brandon! I think the drawing looks great, but I forgot what your record was? I don't know if that is a bad thing that I can't tell from the drawing, but I could also just be losing my mind. Good idea referencing the dog.
Hi Brandon,
if you haven't already, do me a favor and sketch this guy sniffing the ground or something, if we're going for bloodhound, maybe all the way is better.
Paul
definitely push the skin folds more! This looks great so far, but maybe a couple parts are hanging down even further! good luck brandon!
Post a Comment