Hi guys-
Here is my color sketch. Do you think the greens need to be pushed more and maybe some more highlights on the small objects? Is there enough space for text?
Thanks!
Kate
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hello class, welcome to our blog. We will use this to share information about Illustration.
7 comments:
yes! more greens! more highlights! i really like how you have changed this and the space it takes up on the page. i think everything inside of the intestine just needs to be a little more in focus.
:-)
Hi Kate, thanks for posting.
I like it very much, playful and fun and a bit yucky. I would say more contrast is needed in places, and of course yes, with all that red we need more greens. I like the clarity around the televisions, its grey and fuzzy around the rubber ducky, which I wish was a bit bigger and maybe overlapping the blue plastic knife? I think thats what it is.
Paul
This is a lot of fun. I miss some of the sharper sketchy details from the earlier post (what medium will the finish be in?) but that might just be because this is a simplified color study. The general playfulness makes the vibrant palette appropriate, but instead of super saturated colors abutting dull browns and grays, I would introduce a larger range of less saturated colors to help direct the eye, reserving the full saturation more selectively. The lower section of the intestines seems to have formed compartments, more visually like a honeycomb than an unimpeded pathway, perhaps address it like you would a "maze" with no dead ends. I like where this is going!
Still a great idea, though I liked the sketches from before where you could tell that this was an intestine.
I would push some green highlights and maybe add washes of green to the dark areas of the red, it will balance out the overall red tone
hey Kate, I love where this is going as well! There is something about the color that just seems awkward to me. The green on top of red is giving the insides of the intestine a muddy look, which seems a bit too realistic for the playfulness you have going on. I would think about using a different color combination like orange and purple or blue and yellow instead of red and green to add to that playfulness. Good job!
looks great, text can fit in in interesting ways, definitely push the compliment of the overall color, if you know what I mean, push green, because its all red. this looks great.
Post a Comment