Hey everyone. Here's my sketch for the world record assignment. It's the worlds longest chess game, something like 22 hours straight. Comment if you'd like and I'll try to do the same. Thanks-
p.s.- Paul, I just uploaded the new sketch for detour on the UCF blog. I couldn't remember if you wanted it uploaded here too..? But since no one else put it here..I'll assume not, dumb question.
-Greg Miller
Gregeryjmiller@hotmail.com
gjillustration.blogspot.com
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
gregs world record sketch 11-11
Hey everyone. Here's my sketch for the world record assignment. It's the worlds longest chess game, something like 22 hours straight. Comment if you'd like and I'll try to do the same. Thanks-
p.s.- Paul, I just uploaded the new sketch for detour on the UCF blog. I couldn't remember if you wanted it uploaded here too..? But since no one else put it here..I'll assume not, dumb question.
-Greg Miller
Gregeryjmiller@hotmail.com
gjillustration.blogspot.com
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Hi Greg, thanks for posting.
I like the idea of this sleepy chess player, and also the point of view down low at the chessboard. The thing I would eliminate is the space behind the guy, the rectangle. As you work out the anatomy and the details of the character and chesspieces, consider the graphic shape on the page, this self contained spot that we want to wrap our text around.
Please post a revision with some color indications when you can.
Paul
Nice perspective.
This is a fun idea. But you know what would be ++fun? If the pieces themselves were drinking coffee and drooping as if snoozing on their feet. Anthropomorphic chess pieces of course, lol. If you don't run with that idea, then certainly arrange the pieces as if the game is really ON, like we're hours into it, not just starting out as the pieces seem to be in their beginning places. Good luck Greg!
Greg! I totally agree with Lenny! It would be hilarious if they had droopy faces and sagging eyes. I like this record much better than the other too. Good luck~
Anthropomorphic chess pieces can work if we get rid of the guy. I like the idea of moving the pieces around, tweaking the overall shape at the same time, the guy might appear much smaller.
It would be fun to change up the height of each chess piece, making them break that border is a good idea as well.
Hey Greg,
I would try to include the entire chess board as well in your design. Since this is a spot illustration, there is no need for a background. Maybe the chess board could be floating and some of the chess pieces that already have been played could be sleeping off to the side. Good luck!
Post a Comment