Monday, November 10, 2008

In retrospect I probably should have posted an image along with my previous statement :) -The aforementioned Peter

6 comments:

mdaigleIllustration said...

Nice Peter! This came out great!

Paul Olson said...

Hi Peter,

Nice.

I think the big black shape might be broken up a bit more with maybe a dark grey windshield or something like that, but I like that graphic impact of the use of black and white of the cop car.

Making him less like Joe Camel is simple, look at camels and draw him ten more times untill you get what you want, twenty maybe. I prefer the open mouthed Joe, and wonder if he should have a leg out the window, a hoof, or, hand? Maybe some small thing to add to the California-ness. Love the shades.

Go spend some bucks on a nice big piece a paper Peter.

Nice job.... although, you sent a 300 dpi jpg, which opens way big when i try to view and I can't see it on my laptop without scrolling.

Leonard Dente said...

This is fun. I agree with Paul, the massive "black hole" of the car's front and windshield needs to be broken up by highlights or something. I prefer closed mouth Joe, as he's more stoic and "cop-like". I love that the car is airborne! I'd say rethink the colors a bit, as these choices really lack unity. I'd say lean towards warmer colors, maybe create a sunny feel through the color choices and their interaction.

Joseph Feinsilver said...

I agree with everyones comments. To break up that shape you could probably put some strong highlights on the car.

Jill Caturano said...

Hey Peter! I really like open mouthed camel because he is obviously having more fun! I think it would be cool to see a little more of the camel poking out somewhere but overall the shape of it is great! Good luck~

Gregery Miller said...

hey peter,
My name is the Reaffirmer. I agree with what EVERYONE has said. good luck.