
Hey guys! Here is the sketch I did and added color to it in photoshop. I am planning on doing it in collage so I can get some cool textures for the spikey flower petals. Let me know what you think! Thanks~
Hello class, welcome to our blog. We will use this to share information about Illustration.
7 comments:
Hi Jill, thanks for posting.
I like the idea of the truck, although here the perspective is confusing me, the truck and the flower pot seem to have different perspective, different points of view. I would consider using a flatbed truck, rather than a dump truck or dumpster truck, so we can see more of the potted plant, and how it sits on the truck better. In this case it seems that a straight on view of the truck, a profile, might make the understanding simpler. Might be interesting to see a logo on the door of the truck, something like "Big Big Plants Inc".
I would also consider the shape of the plant, I think its quite alright to take some liberties and make the stem less straight, maybe make it curvy and take up a bit more space on the page. Not a twisting vine which would be a different plant altogether, but just an interesting curve of the "trunk".
Looking forward to seeing the collage next week, send a revision if you would like.
Paul
Just thought of something else that might be fun, a "Wide Load" sign on the truck.
I think you came up with a great solution for showing the scale of the plant.
I like that you've added a visual gag, the truck. The flower alone in the earlier version was rather lonely. I agree with Paul's point about the ill fitting perspective, but only minor adjustments to the curve of the flower pots top are needed. (Ha, maybe the truck's being chased by a huge swarm of bees?) Strive to bring more unity to the colors as you do the collage, as here they seem very isolated and local. I look forward to seeing the finish.
it would be awesome if you combined the piece digitally like your ting tings piece for experimental. that way it would look uniform, and still have tons of awesome textures you used in that piece.
I like the simplicity of size. If that makes sense, it just looks nice on the page with text. good job jill!
Jill! Cool Idea, love what you've come up with. I like the perspective of the truck right now, I personally would not change the point of view, however I do like Paul's comment about making it a "wide load" flat bed. You could make the pot even larger than the surface of the flatbed so it hangs off a little. Good luck!
Post a Comment