Monday, November 10, 2008

Joe Feinsilver

Hello This is my composition for an article about the worlds biggest oil rig. I have also placed it among some text to clarify the final look of the spot illustration. I enjoyed every ones comments and adjusted the issues accordingly. I have placed the oil rig upon a globe over the middle east. I chose to crop three sides of the illustration to make an easier fit for the text. I had fun making this image and I can feel it really being an authentic article. Thanks for looking.
joe feinsilver

6 comments:

Paul Olson said...

Hi Joe, thanks for posting.

Nice job, very complete. Does this mean there won't be color at all?

The legs of the drill rig should be converging on the dead center of the globe if you ask me, some tweaking in photoshop can fix, edit>transform>perspective of something like that. Does it matter that this offshore oil rig is now in saudi arabia? Should it be someplace else?

On the page layout I think the image should be bigger and i like it on the right for some reason. This Type is ok for the title, but its not good for reading at all, find another font for that. This big wide page should really be divided into two columns for better readability, and text wrapping around this graphic shape.

Paul

Paul Olson said...

Forgot to mention Joe,

Your image was 12 x 16" at 100 dpi, too darn big for viewing here.

Leonard Dente said...

Masterful perspective on the oil rig. I enjoy the monolithic and intimidating quality lent by the bold black and white contrast, but I'll still push for the introduction of one other sinister color: either blood red or a sickly toxic yellow. Placing this beautifully drafted drawing over this warped jpg looks terrible, spend time drawing a globe or a hint of a backdrop as impressive and stark to rival the drawing. Also, aren't these structures always over open water? Overall, I think this will look amazing when it's done.

Joseph Feinsilver said...

Thanks. The next step would be some color and i like lenny's ideas for color. Yeah the globe sucks I tried to sneak that one by you guys, sorry.

Jill Caturano said...

Hey Joe! I like the addition of the globe a lot. Since the globe has two straight edges I think I would like it best if it was in the corner of the page. Cant wait to see it with color. Good luck~

Paul Olson said...

Where this thing is on the planet adds meaning. Topically it seems it should be off the coast of Alaska, or very close to a US coastline, wasn't it, Drill Baby Drill? Another place better?

I think the readability of the location on the globe, is more important than its visual accuracy.