This is my revised sketch for the largest rabbit ears. I'm not sure if I should number the measuring marks on the side or not.
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hello class, welcome to our blog. We will use this to share information about Illustration.
8 comments:
Hi Leonie, thanks for posting, although its a bit late, I was just about to hire someone else for this job.
I am also unsure if you should include measurements for the tick marks, maybe you should include a yard stick on the left of the page. It might explain or replace the strange rabbit ear hook being employed right now.
The body of the rabbit which now goes off the page seems very human to me, I think it should fit on the page like a bunny all crunched up, the head hiding most of it, as you had in your earlier sketch.
These bunny ears are very pointy, more like a blade of grass or a leaf, I think they should be a bit more rounded, look at more long eared bunnies.
Post a revision in a color comp when you can.
Paul
I think you did a really good job expressing the length of the rabbit ears.
I love that he's using one ear as an appendage, but the ears' overall shape could certainly be used to create more interesting swirling and varied edges to this spot. Here they seem too based on predictable angles. That hook looks rather menacing, and his expressive human looking eyes emote depression or ennui. Ha, why not make this bunny like Bob from the Enzyte commercials? Like really proud of his or her ears, or at least glad it has a carrot!
Hey Leonie I like this much better than the sketch you had in class! I like Paul's idea of a ruler but you could also have the bunny being picked up by the ear? Just an idea..looks great~
I like Jill's idea, seems more fun to have him being help up by that ear. Even if he has this I don't care expression on his face. I had bunnies as a kid and we certainly picked um up by the ears all the time.
I agree, the rabbitt being lifted by his ear would be really fun. I think if you leave it as is you should take lennys idea of playing with different shapes those ears could make.
what if it's a kid's hand holding a ruler and the bunny by his ear in the same hand? he could be holding the ear higher than half way, but not all the way at the top so that there is a little bit of ear left to flop over.
I have to agree with Michelle on the ruler idea. If you're going with the measurements I think you might as well show a ruler. If not an actual ruler then maybe allude to one with color or technique, right now its not reading to me that this is for measuring the ears, I think the bunnies fine, maybe make the scrunched up body like paul said.
Post a Comment